From 1st June 2020, private landlords in England will be required to have the electrical installation in their rental properties checked by a qualified electrician to ensure that they are safe.
This means that:
- Electrical installations must be inspected and tested prior to the start of a new tenancy from 1st July 2020
- Checks must be carried out on any existing tenancies by 1st April 2021
- These checks must then be carried out on a five-yearly basis.
- A copy of the most recent electrical safety condition report (EICR) must be provided to both new and retained tenants.
- The landlord is responsible for making sure that the person who completes the check is suitably competent.
BrightLights Solutions is a member of an accredited registration scheme operated by a recognised body and so choosing us to do this work will give you the confidence that a first-class job has been achieved.