New regulations mean that landlords are required to have the electrical installation in their rental properties checked by a qualified electrician to ensure that they are safe.
Find out more:
- The regulations came into force on 1 June 2020.
- They apply to new tenancies from 1 July 2020 and existing tenancies from 1 April 2021.
- The relevant date for determining when the new requirements apply is the date on which the tenancy is granted. A new tenancy is one that was granted on or after 1 June 2020.
- These checks must then be carried out on a five-yearly basis.
- A copy of the most recent electrical safety condition report (EICR) must be provided to both new and retained tenants.
- The landlord is responsible for making sure that the person who completes the check is suitably competent.
BrightLights Solutions is a member of an accredited registration scheme operated by a recognised body and so choosing us to do this work will give you the confidence that a first-class job has been achieved.